Saturday 4 June 2011

Should I change my Philosophy topic so my professor does not get emotional?

I was given an assignment where I have to analyze thyself and apply ethics and moral to my topic.





I love reading books. So, I decided to write about that. I am reading %26quot;The Memory Keeper%26#039;s Daughter%26quot;.


In this book, the husband gives away his little daughter because she was born with Down Syndrome. Should he have done that? Should he have lied to his wife and tell her the girl died right after she was born?





I think not!, that is my topic here. So my professor told me HE WOULD NOT READ MY PAPER BECAUSE HIS SON DIED ONE MONTH BEFORE 15.


Do you guys think it is fair? My paper is due tomorrow and I am almost done with it. I do not have time to change topic.


Is he right? Am I wrong?


I need advice.





Thanks|||Finish your paper and turn it in. If the professor is unable to perform his duty as a teacher you need to talk to the department chair. Life is tough but the professor should not refuse your attempts simply because of his emotional distress.





But the thing I don%26#039;t get is that the professor did ask for a theme about %26quot;thyself%26quot;. That means YOU. It could be said that you are responding to a different request that the professor did not make.|||I guess since you don%26#039;t have time to write a new one, you might as well turn this one in. If he gives you a lot of beef, just take it to someone higher than him (principal, dean, etc). Do so, also, if he gives you a grade you don%26#039;t think you deserved.





Good luck!|||I would ask him if he could ask a colleague to grade it since it%26#039;s such a difficult topic for him. If he refuses then you%26#039;re in a bit of a spot. Doing a report on a book when given an assignment about YOU is not really the correct thing for you to do.





I would say if he is not amenable, then u need to do a new paper.|||well it was YOUR assignment and the teacher never put any restrictions on it.





School is school home is home, his personal issues shouldnt have anything to do with YOUR assignment.





Consult with the principal|||i would finish the one i have and hand it in. if he doesnt grade it or gives you a failure grade, id definately take it up with someone of higher authority than him.. that is not only wrong, but its illegal. you have every right to write about whatever you want. your examinig yourself, not him . pour your heart out girl ! SAY WHAT YOU FEEL!! power to you girl, and good luck!|||he shouldn%26#039;t make you change your topic because of his personal problem. no matter how sad it is. he should ask another professor to grade it or something but making you change it so close to the due date without extending it if he is going to make you change it is wrong. you should have the same amount of time as everyone else if he wants it changed to do it in.