Wednesday 21 September 2011

Did I do the right thing by just changing the subject?

I had been talking to a guy friend and asking him advice on a situation with a guy who likes me but I'm interested. So I asked my guy friend advice on how to tell the guy or how to handle the situation and at first he was giving decent advice but seemed a bit unsure of what to say. Six months ago this guy friend had rejected me saying he 'wasn't ready for a relationship' but we have a platonic relationship now. I sent in the email saying 'im sure he'll take things the wrong way. I took it the wrong way when you told me you weren't ready.. sometimes I think you can't be totally honest with people in these situations.' then I started talking about something funny the guy said.. well my friend just didn't reply and it's been 4 days so I decided it was uncomfortable for him and just sent another email changing the topic and asking how his christmas was.
Did I do the right thing by just changing the subject?
Yeah it was probably a good idea but if he still does not email you back then I dont think he is a true friend
Did I do the right thing by just changing the subject?
yea that was a good thing to do.if he fealt uncomfortable about the fisrt messaging then he got the second one hell still know u care and feel a little comforted
Well sometimes changing the subject is a way to deal with things you dont wanna deal with. You're ignoring the situation, changing the subject isn't gonna make the problem go away. ..makes it seem like you dont care when you do.
well... Lets say Bob is the guy you were looking at for advice and Chris is the guy that likes you, and you are interested in him. I understood it as You liked Bob before and he said that he isnt ready for a relationship, and now that you've moved onto Chris. Bob doesnt want to give you advice because he is interested in you again?



If thats the case, and you know Bob better then this Chris character, go with Bob, but if he's just being a douche and doesnt want you to have a boyfriend, go for Chris. It was kinda confusin, so next time explain in detail =). I understood it as i explained above so my advice would be that.



It was a smart idea to change the subject, cause if it's that delicate to Bob, then ye give em time to talk. He Should email back.