Saturday 24 September 2011

How often should I change meta tags in my site?

I have a website, where I constantly add new information, so the site is changing. This is not everyday, but at least a couple of times per week. Newsletter, tips, etc, are put on the site. The content changes, but the subject matter does not. I want to keep the relevant in the search engine lists. How often should I update meta tags or does it matter since the subject matter does not change (same topics, new info)? Also, will changing meta tags too often %26quot;penalize%26quot; my site. I have never used a submission service because I was told they really don't work. Any thoughts on this. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
How often should I change meta tags in my site?
Remember to keep your keywords *general* (like, using the general categories you imagine folks will be searching for, to arrive at your site, instead of the keywords your site contains! like, if your site is The Exciting Baseball Company, you might list %26quot;baseball%26quot; as a keyword instead of %26quot;exciting%26quot;) And your %26quot;description%26quot; of course should be that sentence that will appear when your website appears in the search results.



Given those two things, change your meta information as often as is appropriate to change those two effects. You will be accordingly penalized and/or advantaged. See and judge this and other search crawler criteria in the cited source.
How often should I change meta tags in my site?
It doesn't matter if you change the meta tags or not. Changing them could decrease your ranking and such. As long as the subject matter does not change I personally would not change them.
Dear,



You shouldn't have to change your meta tags each time new content added, remember, for search engine optimization, meta tags are helping it to determine the result for hint keyword, so take the the general meta tags on what your website content provide, and keep to it, changing it weekly or monthly will make your site 'loose identity' in the search engine point of view, hope you get my point.



regarding your statement about submission service %26quot;I was told they really don't work%26quot; is completed wrong, it helps your site to get knowned faster by the search engine.



hope it helps.
  • does any ram fit on my computer
  • small myspace
  •