Wednesday 21 September 2011

How should I deal with my friend's 'topic' of conversation?

She is newly single, after being in a relationship for 10 years. Obviously, she is having 'a ball', both literally and figuratively. All she ever talks about is: guys!! Men and sex are her favorite topics of conversation; who she's met, to whom she's texting, who she's shagging, who she %26quot;plans to shag'. No other topic of conversation is discussed and she is actually quite intelligent and I've always found her a good person to have lunch or a coffee with and discuss 'intelligent' topics - eg: business, work, study, social issues, politics, etc.



I'll admit I am having a bit of a 'dry spell' myself at the moment - so maybe I'm a bit envious, but does she really have to 'rub it in' my face that her renewed sex life is so vigorous?



I've tried changing the topic, allowing her to focus on other issues, however, it always goes back to the same thing: Men, Sex and bonking!!



Any ideas on how to deal with this would be appreciated.
How should I deal with my friend's 'topic' of conversation?
if you're close friends.... just blow up in her face about it.... honestly get it all off your chest and tell her everything you just said here.... and if you feel the need apologize later with a slumber party/movie night... whatever you think she would appreciate
How should I deal with my friend's 'topic' of conversation?
Lol. Idk how to answer this but may be she's try to make u feel jealous. I think its a good thing.