Saturday 24 September 2011

Is getting really strong natural highs a mental disorder?

I find that whenever I'm around people I feel comfortable with I get a really strong high. I start acting extremely childish and playful. Getting distracted by everything, dancing to any song that comes on, I talk a lot, but it's not very coherent because I keep changing the topic every few seconds, and then running off and deciding to pretend I'm an animal or something. I'm aware of how crazy I'm acting but I don't feel that much in control. It usually takes a few hours, or using all my mental power to force myself to stand/ sit still for the high to run out. I don't think it's bipolar. Because I don't get depressed. I'm generally a very happy person. Though I do often go through days where I don't feel like talking to people or doing anything. But that's just laziness. XD So just wondering if it's anything I should ask a doctor about, or just be content with my ability to get high without ever needed any sort of substance.
Is getting really strong natural highs a mental disorder?
Doing some of the things you state is a bit extreme, but your just showing off for those you truly click with. It's a truly rare thing to find, so soak it in with moderation.



It was a sad realization for me as a kid when I found out how rare it is to find true best friends, let alone a whole group of them that all click together.



Most people just settle on a few friends and never experience the bond that kind of friendship can give you. Thankfully I found my group early on.



I'd say cherish the feeling though you might want to tone it down a bit, because your enthusiasm is becoming more of a performance. Maybe do a group activity to burn off all that extra juice.



Going days without being around or want to be around people is normal. You are busy with your own things and if you were stuck to your group 24/7 it would wear pretty thin quickly. It's better to savor then OD on a good thing.
Is getting really strong natural highs a mental disorder?
Yeah kid you have ADHD. No biggie, i used to be like that all time. I got meds for it though, they help A LOT. lol

Report Abuse


ADHD ! Talk to your doctor.
Netural highs are the BEST highs. Don't worry, be glad you don't need weed !!
Someone here will try to tell you you're bipolar, but I'm here to tell whoever will say that to you NO WAY.



You are a normal, ENERGETIC, bubbly, fun person. Everyone needs down time, especially when they're so active as you are, so it makes sense you will have some times you don't want to talk to anyone.



If you're really worried though, I'll ask you if there are any migraines or headaches in the few days leading up to when you get the highest of your highs. And if you hear music. Coz some people have excessive pressure on their brains...for whatever medical reason...severe sinus allergies, for instance...and that can have something to do with triggering excessive moods. If you're really worried, tell a doctor, but I think you're probably just fine.
Yes, the person who posted before was right - I am going to say it sounds like bipolar. If so it is no big deal - mood disorders have many effective treatments. You don't sound too worried, but I am guessing you are a little concerned or you would not have posted your question. You could take a bipolar test online and if it sounds like bipolar then you could see a professional for more expert evaluation and some suggestions about staying well. The online bipolar tests at the site below are the same ones the pros use and are available free. So far it sounds like you are having fun, but there is a danger if you are bipolar that you could get really manic or have a serious depression. Also, you may want to consider how much the people around you enjoy your behavior. Please take your health seriously and at least investigate a little. I hope things keep going well for you. Sarah
I aggree with the person before... I think you might have ADHD