Friday 7 October 2011

Did anyone else find Palin extremely annoying in the VP debate?

Winking, droppin' her g's, mispronouncing %26quot;nuclear,%26quot; dodging questions, changing the topic to her talking points, being very vague, using the word %26quot;maverick%26quot; over and over, quoting Ronald Reagan over and over, chiding Joe Biden for talking about the past when explaining how John McCain's policies of deregulation and war-mongering helped get us into this mess, constantly smiling when talking like a Miss America contestant, etc.
Did anyone else find Palin extremely annoying in the VP debate?
I completely agree and I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the %26quot;nucular%26quot; thing and dropping the g's!!! My coworker says there's nothing wrong with saying nucular and maybe that's how they say it in different parts of the country...wtf?! It's spelled NUCLEAR, there is no way to pronounce it differently! If I can speak correctly as an immigrant for whom English is the third language, then we can at least expect the same from people running for office.

The whole %26quot;maverick%26quot; thing was really irritating, as was her deflecting the questions. The only thing I'm suprised about is that she wasn't asked about abortion! I was really looking forward to her stammering up a response for that (when her own teenage daughter is pregnant!) but that didn't happen.

Let's hope that after next month we won't be seeing any more of her!
Did anyone else find Palin extremely annoying in the VP debate?
I agree. She is not polished (or qualified).