Wednesday 26 October 2011

What is a good argumentative paper topic concerning international studies/American studies?

Hey guys, in my writing class, we are tasked to come up with an argumentative paper by the end of the midterms. Well, I'm an international relations (American studies concentration) major and my partner and I planned to change our topic because our professor said it was kind of vague in nature.



My partner and I are really having a difficult time of coming up with an argumentative paper topic in the scope of international studies or American studies. I believe that this is the hardest part of writing an argumentative research paper. With a good topic, I know we can go well.



Could you please give me some ideas as to what good topics can we argue about in our paper (a topic that is related to international/american studies). A one that has good pro and con arguments please.



I would really appreciate it if you could help us by knowing where to start. THANK YOU.
What is a good argumentative paper topic concerning international studies/American studies?
Med school - it's hard to get into it in the U.S. In some countries it is easier and cheaper than here. What are the advantages and disadvantages for an American to go abroad to (for example) India to go to med school if they want to be a doctor?