Friday 7 October 2011

How is it possible for me to convince my parents to allow me to study in Melbourne?

I have tried researching on the college of my choice. I even counted the total cost of me studying there. I have checked up on the accomodation. Everything was fine. I told him. All he told me was it's so dangerous out there and if anything happens to me, nobody can save me. He said 6 hours flight is too long to reach me. I have no idea how to convince him anymore. Whenever I talk about it, he will try to change the topic. My mother on the other hand said I don't need that much education as my life is quite comfortable already. I just don't understand them. I understand that they care for me but I really want to go to experience more. I don't want to be ignorant towards the world... Please help me...
How is it possible for me to convince my parents to allow me to study in Melbourne?
Where do yu live now.Your parents are right if it's a 6hr flight.However if you really want to try this,you have to work on your dad.Melbourne is a very safe city.Nothing bad will happen to you if you don't put yourself at risk.Be assured that this city is a safe place.One of the safest in the world.But I can understand your parents reservation and anguish.I'd feel exactly the same way if it was my loved one.Against this I think if you are able to persuade your parents you should try this.
How is it possible for me to convince my parents to allow me to study in Melbourne?
i also want to go overseas and study, but i m more worried on money issue rather than convincing my parents, i think u can gather some friends to go with u so ur parents might feel that it is safer as if something happens to u, therewill be still ur friends around, or make some promises like u will call them daily or will not go out that often...to convince them...
I think you have to came up with specific places to live specific people you will know and a reason to do a course of your choosing that will make a better world or help others .
I know what you mean my parents have been very protective of me all my life, but now that I am older they have loosened up a little bit. But it helps that my parents feel as though they can trust me because I am an innocent person even at the age of 21. I have never tried any drugs or alcohol, I'm still a virgin, I don't party or talk on the phone, etc. As a result of my sheltered upbringing I have encountered many problems I don't really have much of a social life and I don't like doing many things on my own, so I have been thinking about studying abroad as a was to help bring me out of my shell and learn more about the world, among other things.



I think if you make a list of all the pros and cons of studying abroad show this list to your father and discuss it with him I think he will be impressed and might be more understanding of your reasons for wanting to study abroad. Besides the pros outweigh the cons. To help you get started some cons: possibility of... getting raped, killed, being homesick, feeling overwhelmed by the language barrier and maybe not doing so well in a class as a result, not liking your living conditions, etc. Pros for studying abroad include: better appreciation for your loved ones, better understanding of life, better understanding of the world around you, etc.