Friday 7 October 2011

How can get people to stop talking to me about certain people?

I have friends who like to update me about certain people that I don't want to have anything to do with. I usually change topics but they usually would bring it up. If you tell them I don't want to talk about them, they take it the wrong way and it becomes a bigger issue and gets to the other people in a different way.
How can get people to stop talking to me about certain people?
Here's what you do when others start gossiping to you:



Simply ask them why they are telling you whatever it is they are telling. If they say they just wanted you to know so you'd understand why Sally is a little down these days, politely say %26quot;I'll talk with Sally right now and let her know you told me about her situation. Perhaps she needs some comfort.%26quot; You'll know right away if the person who told you about Sally's situation is uncomfortable with that. And then you'll be able to surmise the real motive behind why they wanted to talk about Sally.



When you find yourself in a situation where you suspect gossip is about to take place, try some of these lines to extricate yourself:



I'm uncomfortable talking about Tim when he is not present to tell his side of the story. Lets hold this conversation until he can be with us.



Is this something Sally specifically asked you to tell me? If so, I'll be sure to let her know you filled me in.



When I hear you talk about other people and their situations, I wonder whether you talk about me to others.



Can we wait to talk about this until (Tim/Sally) can be with us? Thanks.



Is what you are about to tell me something you would say if (Tim/Sally) were here?



You may not be too popular with the people who like to gossip when you start using these lines with them. But your main concern should be protecting your credibility-and your privacy. You will quickly learn to whom you can safely tell your secrets and from whom you should steer clear.



You should be proud of yourself for not participateing in gossip.. that is truely commendable!
How can get people to stop talking to me about certain people?
well if u dont want to hear it ignore it,

tell them that its none of ur businnes. and u dont want to knwo

just tell them. thats bad to gossip. try to talk to them
  • programming
  • hair tips
  •