Friday 7 October 2011

IELTS speaking test, can I ask to change a topic?

In IELTS speaking test, if its possible to ask examiner to change a topic in section 2, since speaking test is testing the ability of speaking English rather than testing our knowledge.



Those bad/hard topics such as %26quot;please describe a monument in your city and talk about what influence it brings?%26quot;



Well, if I really have no/less idea what I am going to talk about, can I just tell the examiner that %26quot;I have less knowledge on the history of it, since the test is really checking the ability of speaking English instead of my knowledge, could you change to another topic?%26quot;



Thanks in advance
IELTS speaking test, can I ask to change a topic?
Rather than asking them to change the topic, you can explain your lack of interest of knowledge about it and, in the process, use the language appropriately.



Something along the lines of 'I have no idea about monuments in my city, and as such, they don't bring much influence over me. My interests are elsewhere, like football stadia, shopping centres, good restaurants... not too much about historical places'. If the examiner proceeds to ask you if you want to talk about something else, great! Otherwise, it's better not to suggest it.
IELTS speaking test, can I ask to change a topic?
We can go aroud this question a lot, better off to look at this resource: http://beststudy1.notlong.com/AAS6noB